Friday, December 28, 2007

DEAL STRUCK!!

I was very excited about this discussion. It was planned only two days before. Ok let me not keep on adding lines to bring a suspense effect. The deputy editor (D.E) of the much revered “The Business line”, Mr.D.Murali, gave me a chance to meet Dr.Velu, M.D of a reputed medical equipment manufacturing company through an informal meeting session. Sorry folks I forgot the name of the company. Poor retrieval of data from the main memory. I think it needs a formatting.

I was accompanied by my friend for this meeting. When entered into the newspapers’ office the D.E was not in his cabin and one of his colleagues told us that the meeting stood cancelled. I was shattered for a moment since I had even taken my final year engineering project proposal in the hope that the guest would help me. We came out of the office when I saw the D.E walking towards us and exchanged pleasantries with us and led us through into his cabin. We had told him in prior about what we do, so I think he had pre-planned the course of work that he would take us through if the guest was late. And fate had its wicked wand and the guest was late as it is always the case :). He (D.E) gave each one of us a book and we were asked to read the book, would you believe fifteen minutes and come up with questions to be posed to the authors. We skimmed and scanned through the pages to come up as many as we could. I began to feel like the press.Hail the Almighty, the guest arrived with his deputy just a few minutes behind schedule. And it was time to question.

The discussion that followed was mostly centered on the area of medical technology sector and how the government was orphaning the whole sector which is in the stages of infancy. And it was time for break and we headed straight to the canteen. It was the moment I found the guest free and I submitted my project proposal and I was directed to his deputy for further details. Mission accomplished at last. First stage of the project worked out well and a deal was struck.

Now after a long access time the needed data got retrieved. The company is called ”Trivitron”.

1 comment:

Subhashree said...

Cool. And congrats. You have a great blog here discussing a lot of important issues. Keep it going. And blog often.