Saturday, June 7, 2008

CYCLE FOR A CAUSE

One of things which I really want to possess as soon as I start to work and earn is a motorcycle. As my workplace is only ten minutes away from my home I was really considering buying a bicycle against a bike. I was laughed at for being this much calculative in spending for necessities. The real reason behind me weighing odds heavily on buying a bicycle is that, it is in a way hitting three mangoes with a single stone. First, as I would be made to sit hours before the computer, cycling appears to me as a better way to exercise. Second, the thought of rise in fuel costs which analogously follows the famous Moore’s law nowadays has had a detrimental effect on my mind to go with a motorcycle. Last, cycling serves in energy conservation and is a means to bring down the pollution levels down, on an individualistic level. Even though hues and cries are raised about the recent hike in the fuel prices, the only positive effect it would bring is the increase in number of road users cycling to their destinations. Thus a latent impetus has been provided to the growth of the bicycle industry and the cause of energy conservation and clean air standards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been considering this option for long :) but then a new mobile phone came in the way hehe...